COVID-19 Resources for Clinical Mental Health Counselors
This is a recording of a 1.5-hour live webinar presented for the Florida Mental Health Counselors Association on 4/2/20.
The COVID-9 pandemic has raised multiple issues and concerns for mental health professionals, such as:
• Should I keep seeing clients in my office?
• How do I get set up for telehealth?
• How do I conduct forensic evaluations while still practicing social distancing?
• Am I an “essential worker” during a quarantine?
• How do I treat clients with OCD and anxiety disorders during a pandemic?
• How do I balance the importance of clients taking this pandemic seriously on one hand while still supporting a sense of hope, resilience, and optimism on the other?
1. Articulate reasonable precautions to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. Review current changes in laws and standards affecting mental health professionals, COVID-19 response, and telehealth.
3. List several resources for continued COVID-19 updates for mental health professionals.
Disclaimer: CEs are available only to those who attended the live webinar event on 4/2/20. This video was posted for educational purposes only.